The most popular collection in the Postman API Network
Mirror, mirror on the wall, who has the most popular collection of them all? The Postman API Network is the world’s largest public API hub. But in this popularity contest, there’s only one measure to determine the winning collection—the one with the most forks.
As of the writing of this blog post, the most popular collection in the Postman API Network belongs to Salesforce. Check out their Salesforce Platform APIs collection with more than 70,000 forks.
The Salesforce Platform APIs collection contains over 230 requests to help you get started more quickly. Fork the collection to your own Postman workspace and begin exploring the Salesforce APIs, such as GraphQL, Metadata, and Connect.
- Are you attending Dreamforce 2022? Swing by the Dreamforce 2022 Developer Networking Party on Sep. 20 at 5:30-9:30PT hosted by Twilio, Postman, and Microsoft. During the event, lead solutions engineer at Postman, Ashish Zalani, will give the presentation, “Integrate Faster with Postman Collections for Salesforce Developers.”
Wowzers. How did Salesforce rack up so many forks?
If you’re an API publisher, don’t be disheartened if you don’t have as many forks as Salesforce. There are steps you can take to increase engagement in your own workspace. Salesforce admittedly has an active developer community, but their team did a lot besides simply publishing a collection. They laid the foundation for a solid developer experience by doing the following:
- Documented the collection and workspace
- Spruced up their team profile
- Linked their docs to their public workspace in tutorials and learning labs
- Shared the news with their developer community through blogs, social media, and livestreams
- Identified common stumbling blocks and provided multiple explainer videos in response
- Continued to maintain and update the collection as the underlying APIs evolved
If you’re an API publisher, follow Salesforce’s example to optimize your own learning experience for new and returning developers. Check out other very successful collections and more insights from the 2022 State of the API Report by Postman.
And if you’re an API enthusiast, browse the largest network of APIs, workspaces, and collections by developers across the planet.
What do you think about this topic? Tell us in a comment below.