Announcing the Postman Ecosystem Partner Program
Postman users made approximately a billion API requests last year. As the proliferation of APIs continues, we published the first version of the Postman API Platform landscape last year. It soon became an industry standard for helping API practitioners understand the growing ecosystem for API tools. Several vendors on the landscape started showing their interest in working closely with Postman to enable developers and organizations to become API-first. Today, we’re announcing the Postman Ecosystem Partner Program, created to support companies and ISVs in building joint solutions with the Postman API Platform to improve the developer experience and gain visibility across Postman’s more than 20 million users.
Partners can start with the integration partner pathway to build joint solutions and have the opportunity to become a Strategic Partner with a native Postman integration based on the adoption by Postman users.
There are several ways to integrate with Postman
- Run in Postman Button: This functionality allows you to publish a way for users to instantly import your public collections into their own instance of Postman with the click of a button.
- Postman API: The Postman API is central to unlocking the power of partner-led integrations by allowing programmatic CRUD access to your API elements.
- Newman: Postman’s command-line collection runner triggers collection runs within your CI build. There are also a number of custom reporters that can be used in conjunction with Newman.
- Postman Monitors: Monitors continuously run your collection and can monitor uptime performance of your APIs.
- Custom Webhooks: Allows you to automate workflows between your apps and services to get notifications, synchronize files, collect data, and more.
Integration partners receive the following benefits
- In-depth documentation to build an integration with the Postman API Platform
- Access to Postman’s product and engineering team for technical support via a partner Slack channel and office hours
- Postman support for partner-led promotion through our blog, social media, newsletter, etc.
Meet some of our integration partners
We are excited to partner with Postman through the company’s newly established Ecosystem Partner Program. As an Integration Partner, Workato will work closely with the Postman team to optimize how Workato's integration and Postman's API Platform work together. We're excited about the combined power of both our products for joint customers who want to easily create, make available, and consume APIs.
Markus Zirn, SVP, Strategy & Business Development at Workato
Strategic Partners receive the following benefits
- Dedicated Partner Manager
- Dedicated Slack channel for technical support and ongoing relationship management
- Access to Postman’s product and engineering team to co-develop a native Postman integration
- Customized co-marketing plan
Meet some of our Strategic Partners
We’re excited to join the Postman Ecosystem Partner Program to bring API observability data to developers and engineers where they already spend their time—whether they are DevOps engineers monitoring their stack in New Relic or API developers seeking real-time application performance data in the context of their API deployments in Postman.
Akhil Kapoor, VP of Cloud and Product Partnerships at New Relic
Postman Ecosystem Partner Program
Partner office hours
Partner Slack channel
|Dedicated Partner Manager
Dedicated Slack channel
Access to product team
|Integration development||Partner-led||Co-led with Postman|
|Postman native integration||—|
|GTM||Partner-led with possible promotion opportunities on Postman blog, socials, and API Network||Yes; all Postman channels plus a customized launch plan|
Learn more and apply to become a partner here.
Congratulations on a successful program launch! Postman got this right and Speedscale is excited to be an early stage partner. Looking forward to expanding the partnership with more value for API First’ers.