A Postman Intergalactic Miniseries for Basic to Advanced API Testing Skills
Postman Intergalactic is a newly launched role-based training series of hands-on learning experiences. Each lesson is initially streamed live and recorded so everyone can follow along later with the video on demand. So far, Intergalactic has created content specifically for developers, DevOps practitioners, API producers, and most recently—testers.
API testing is one of the most popular use cases of Postman—and there is a wide range of ways to test APIs in Postman. Because this is such an important and meaty topic, we decided to dedicate two full episodes of Intergalactic to provide folks with a solid testing foundation. Whether you’re completely new to API testing or a seasoned veteran looking to up your testing game, this Intergalactic two-part miniseries has you covered.
“Postman: An Introduction for Testers”
The first session designed for testers is an introductory level session aptly named “Postman: An Introduction for Testers.” Postman Developer Advocate Sean Keegan and Postman Technical Enablement Architect Carson Hunter cover all the basics of getting started with testing in Postman. From generating basic tests with our out-of-the-box code snippets to writing more advanced custom tests and extracting data from one request to use in another with variables, this lesson provides a great overview for getting started with testing. If you’ve dabbled with basic tests in the past or are looking to get started with testing in general, this lesson is for you.
“Continuous Quality with Postman”
Learning opportunities for every role
Regardless of how familiar you are with API testing prior to this Intergalactic series, you’ll leave feeling equipped to bring advanced API testing into your workflows. Intergalactic makes it easy to consume the content for each session in a way that makes the most sense for you. For every session, you’ll get hands-on learning by:
- Forking the collection from the Postman Intergalactic public workspace. Each lesson has a corresponding collection that is fully documented so you can follow along at your own pace with information on further resources.
- Watching the on-demand video walkthrough of the lesson on our YouTube channel’s Intergalactic playlist
- Downloading the slide deck for your own consumption at your own pace
Register for upcoming sessions
Register now to join us for the next two sessions of Postman Intergalactic:
- “API Publishers Series, Part 1: Introduction to Documentation” on October 6 at 8 a.m. (PDT)
- “API Publishers Series, Part 2: Increase Adoption of Your Public API” on October 20 at 8 a.m. (PDT)
If you want to stay in the know about all things Postman Intergalactic and get notified about future sessions, click the Notify Me button on the series home page.
What do you think about this topic? Tell us in a comment below.