Jumpstart your work with new collection templates
Postman Collections help you organize your requests, collaborate with teammates, run test suites, and reuse components like variables to boost productivity. Now, imagine having access to preset collections tailored to specific use cases and designed to make your life easier.
We are excited to introduce Postman’s new collection templates to accelerate your API development and improve the onboarding experience. As pre-built templates catering to various use cases, collection templates help you hit the ground running and implement best practices right from the start.
Discover the power of collection templates for API development
Postman’s collection templates provide these key benefits:
- Swift onboarding: New to APIs or Postman? Explore the Postman API Platform’s capabilities with ease.
- Best practices at your fingertips: Gain insights into tried and tested workflows for API development.
- Increased productivity: Eliminate the need to build or create collections from scratch and expedite development and testing time.
Dive into pre-built collection templates for your diverse workflows
Collection templates help you quickly get started with the following (and more!):
- Integration testing: Verify if your APIs work as expected.
- Regression testing: Check if your API continues to work as expected after introducing changes or updates.
- RESTful API basics: Get up to speed with testing REST APIs on Postman.
- API documentation: Create beautiful API documentation using Markdown.
- Authorization methods: Understand how to set up different types of authentication for your API.
- Data visualization: Turn complex response data into easy-to-read visualizations.
- Conditional workflow: Iterate through a data set and trigger workflows based on the response.
- Mock data generation: Generate sample data that you can use to test your API extensively.
- Run collection with data file: Learn how to use different data files like CSV/JSON to test your API.
- Webhooks: Set up and manage webhooks and verify webhook events.
- User management API: User registration, login, profile management, and more.
- Search API: Manage search, autocomplete, popular, and related queries.
Customizing collection templates
The collection templates are crafted for easy customization and extension. Simply reuse and modify them according to your requirements, tailoring each template to your specific needs.
We encourage you to explore these templates for your projects and share your feedback to help us refine and broaden the available use cases.