Celebrating 1 year of partnership with BITS Pilani
A year ago, we shared Postman’s exciting plans to launch the API Lab at Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani (BITS Pilani) in India, as part of our commitment to promoting API literacy amongst students and aspiring developers worldwide—and it’s been an incredible journey so far.
Today, as we look back on our first year of collaboration, we are excited to share three key successes of this impactful partnership.
1. Promotion of API literacy with the Postman Classroom Program
Working with BITS Pilani has given us the opportunity to make a real impact on student learning. We’ve been able to develop educational resources, mentor students, and provide them with hands-on experience that prepares them for their future careers. Here are some examples of what has been accomplished:
- More than 5,000 students participated in five Postman Classroom Program bootcamps that equipped them to teach API fundamentals
- Thousands of students claimed their Postman Student Expert badge to prove their API literacy
2. Engagement in innovative research and development
Postman’s collaboration with BITS Pilani also allowed us to engage in innovative research and development projects. By combining our expertise with that of the BITS Pilani faculty and student teams, we’ve been able to work on industry challenges, develop solutions, and help students get hands-on development skills. We did this by:
- Launching the first batch of Postman API Lab projects: A team of 30 students working on six engineering projects in various domains, including Web3, data, app development, and gaming
- Opening up a functional computer lab workspace at BITS Pilani with high-end infrastructure to allow students to work on their projects
3. Expansion of API literacy beyond BITS Pilani
BITS Pilani helped promote API literacy to a broader audience beyond its own campuses and engaged with students, faculty, and staff members in new and exciting ways. Through joint events and initiatives, BITS Pilani and Postman have been able to share our combined knowledge and expertise with a much wider student and educator community. Together, we did the following:
- Organized remote hackathons that received the participation of thousands of students from more than 500 institutions globally
- Organized API Day Pilani, on April 15, 2023, a regional event that received participation from five institutions in Pilani and the Delhi NCR Region while hosting industry experts from different organizations (HP Inc, Adidas, etc.)
- Launched remote classroom cohorts for external students to learn with BITS
Looking back on our first year of partnership with BITS Pilani, we are proud of all that we’ve achieved together. We look forward to continuing our collaboration in the years to come and to making an even greater impact on student learning, research and development, and the API student/educator community as a whole.
We’d like to extend a special shout-out to Dr. Jagat Sesh Challa and the whole BITS Pilani team for making our first year of partnership a success.
To learn more about our Postman Student Programs, check out these resources: