With the new version of Postman (1.0.2), and the Postman Interceptor (0.2.7), it is now possible to read and write cookies!
With the interceptor on, you can retrieve cookies set on a particular domain (Jetpacks only), and include cookies while sending requests.
1. Make sure the interceptor is enabled in Postman – Check that the traffic light icon in the top-right corner is green.
2. In the tests section (Jetpacks must be enabled for this), you can use the “responseCookies” object. This will return an array of cookie objects. To retrieve a particular name, use “postman.getResponseCookie(cookieName)”. This will return a single cookie object. Each cookie object will contain the following properties:
domain, hostOnly, httpOnly, name, path, secure, session, storeId, value
1. Make sure the interceptor is enabled.
2. Include the “Cookie” header in the headers section
eg. Cookie: name=value; name2=value2
3. Send the request. The cookies you set will be sent by Chrome along with your request.